ISLAMABAD: District Coordination Officer (DCO) Khuzdar Abdul Waheed Shah on Tuesday presented the Balochistan government’s report on the discovery of mass graves in the region in the Supreme Court, DawnNews reported.
A three-judge bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Tasadduq Hussain Jillani, heard the suo motu case relating to the unearthing of 13 decomposed bodies from the mass graves.
The report said DNA samples had been collected from the bodies, adding that the bodies were being kept in Civil Hospital Khuzdar for identification.
It further said that two bodies found in the mass graves had been identified — one of Qadir Bakhsh and the other of Naseer Ahmed. Both bodies were handed over to family members.
Also during today’s hearing, Home Secretary Balochistan Asad Gilani told the bench that the inquiry tribunal formed to probe the matter and comprising Justice Noor Maskanzai would complete its workings in a month’s time.
The provincial government has also constituted a special medical board comprising four members in this regard.
The bench later adjourned the hearing to March 7.