Adapt following precautionary measures to avoid the danger
- Regularly check for stagnant water in pot plants, wheel bar rows, roof guttering, ponds, pools etc.
- Spray under beds & behind curtains with residual surface spray.
- Use good mosquito repellent
- Wear light colored clothing
- Repair damaged screens on windows and rainwater tanks.
Symptoms of dengue fever
- Rash occurring three to four days after onset of the fever
- Severe joint and bone pain
- Sudden high fever (higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit, up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit)
Serious symptoms that indicating life-threatening condition
Symptoms of dengue hemorrhagic fever include:
- Bleeding gums
- Bleeding under the skin and purple bruises
Symptoms of dengue shock syndrome include:
- Change in level of consciousness or alertness, such as passing out or unresponsiveness
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Uncontrolled bleeding and hemorrhage
- There is no specific treatment for dengue
- Persons with dengue fever should rest and drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid using Disprin, asprin or any other similar medicine
- People should be kept away from mosquitoes for the protection of others.
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever is treated by replacing lost fluids.
- Patients in severe condition may need transfusions to control bleeding.